“I don’t have any cash on me.” How many sales have you lost because the potential customer or client didn’t have money or change on them? Well after reading this you will never lose another sale again. Everyone carries at least one card on them and now you can accept payments from a credit card from your cell phone with the press of a few buttons.
In this article you discover why the Square App is a no-brainer for every creative entrepreneur to have in their arsenal.
1. Process transactions like a REAL business
The Square App eliminates the need for you to be fumbling around with paper at the point of sale. You will look more professional and it will impress the clients that you work for sure.
- An invoice for any product or service can be generated and sent by email. The recipient can then conveniently pay with the press of a button on their phone.
- Receipts can also be sent to the customer by email automatically after purchase so you don’t have to worry about hand-writing anything.
- You can create things like discounts, gift cards and loyalty programs etc. to get more sales and return customers.
You get a customizable dashboard showing all of your sales data and you can create reports for any time period that you’d like.
2. You don’t have to pay anything to set it up
When I first signed up a couple of years ago I was surprised to find out that not only the app was free but the actual card reader is free as well. The card reader plugs in to your phone or tablet’s headphone jack allowing you to instantly accept card payments from the app.
There are no monthly fees to worry about so if you do not make any sales, you do not pay any money at all. Well how to they make money then??
Square charges on a per transaction basis. For every card swipe they charge a 2.75% fee. (Paypal’s charges a fee of 2.9% plus $.30 per transaction.) For manually entered credit card numbers you are charged 3.5% + $.15 per transaction.
3. You can sell merchandise and services from anywhere at any time
As long as you have a your smart phone on you, you can accept credit and debit card payments.
If you are a musician you can sell a physical copy of your album at a show quickly and without the need to transfer cash.
With the Square Stand and an iPad you can set up a fully functional yet light weight register for your merch or farmers market table.
More businesses need to be accepting credit cards and that includes creative entrepreneurs like yourself. The Square App can be a life saver for your business and it will set you apart from your competition.
Their pricing model makes it so anyone can get started selling on the go and that’s why I can really vouch for this company.
Do you have experience with Square or any other card reader? Let us know in the comments below!